• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can you identify this gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can remember, it looks like a "Traditions Pioneer". I can't remember if the name was anywhere on the gun barrel either.

I bought a USED one of those rifles (looked like it anyway) about 12 years ago... never even got to fire it. Knew a guy who really wanted it badly, so I sold it to him. I never heard from him anything good or bad about shooting it, but I think he wanted it to decorate a wall in his summer camp/cabin.

It should be a fairly decent rifle. Looks nice in the pictures anwyay.

Regards, and Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

PS NOTE: There is a Traditions pistol currently available that is also called a "Pioneer"--but that is a different gun.

Funny thing.... I sent an email to traditions, telling them the particulars about the gun, marks, measurements, etc. The guy sent me back an email saying that the name should be on the barrel. I replied saying that if the name was on the barrel, I wouldn't have been asking about it. (I even sent the serial number). Never got a reply from that one.. :hmm:

That's a Tradition's Pioneer sidelock rifle. I have one myself. Excellent shooters for the roundball and REAL conical bullets. Mine states right on the barrel, PIONEER 50 caliber. It looks identical to those pictures.

I put 70-80 grains of Goex 2f in it and a patched roundball and that rifle will really shoot some impressive groups. The only thing mine has is a williams peep sight mounted on it.... Very accurate and easy to shoot..

Traditionspioneer.jpg

does that look about the same?

This rifle was sold through Sportsmans Guide for $157.00 as I remember. My trigger pull on this rifle is excellent. The only thing I noticed is it never liked anything over 80 grains. When loaded down, I have even squirrel hunted with this rifle. With the Williams Peep and a red fiber optic front sight, this is one good shooting rifle...

Back