• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can You Say Back Strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Lee

36 Cal.
Reaction score
:wink: Hit the woods about 2 p.m. Sunday, sat in downed tree top. Been using top all season, it sits in the middle of 5 runs. At 4:40 stand up to strech and get feeling back in legs, see 4 deer heading my way. First 2 are doe, third is a buck, fourth is a doe. I let does go by than the last doe goes by. Buck still coming just about there. Runs into shooting lane fire at 30 yards shoot! Where the h%#& did she come from. The doe does a circle abuot 10 feet and lays down. Reload 60 grains ffg .10 prelubed patch .490 rb. and cap. Light up and reflect about the shoot, never saw her until after the shot.
Get out of top start walking to her, crunch step on stick,She jumps up and walks with her head down into a large wild cherry tree. I walked up and finished the doe with 1 behind the ear. Hunt over wock begins. The first shot went in about 2 inchs behind the nose and came out just below her eye. Don't know if she was just stuned or if I blinded her. She field dressed at 124#'s.
Big Lee

PawPaw,Mi. I've taken a few deer with muzzle loaders but never a buck. That is my goal this year. Still have a couple of days of regular season left than on the Dec. 7 muzzle load season opens for me.
Big Lee

use all the meat, from what I've heard the temp is cold up there. let it hang a couple days before cutting up and wrapping. :thumbsup:

Back