• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cap and ball revolvers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck-ia

45 Cal.
Reaction score
been doing some searching on revolvers. I have it in my head I gotta get a .44 uberti remmington to match my .36. There is a place called texas jack's, these are the best prices I have found. So any of you know, is there a difference in the guns? thanks, flinch

Texas Jack's used to be an outlet for Cimarron's line of Ubertis--and still may be. These are nicely finished guns for a decent price. I've seen and fired a few, and they are fine revolvers. They do cost a little more than other dealers but also offer two or three finish options, including a distressed finish and "charcoal blue". They used to have a Paterson with faux ivory grips that was really neat.

Cimarron/Texas Jacks usually have higher prices that Uberti USA. I have a Cimarron Catalog (they are closely partnered with Texas Jacks who handles their internet/mail order percussion arms sales.) Whether or not they hand pick their guns for quality is not known but they do offer some special guns, special finishes and options by some of the best engravers.
I recently saw a leverless paterson from Cimarron that was very well finished and prettier than my Uberti Paterson from 1991. they also keep parts for the revolvers they sell and are easy to deal with by telephone or internet.

do all manufacturers stamp all the warnings on the pistol barrels, this does not inhance the looks

some of them are nice enough to hide them under the loading lever. the lyman plains pistol has several paragraphs on the left side of the barrel. My Lepage Target has the stuff on the bottom of the barrel

thanks for the info. will have to look at uberti usa also. on texas jack's web site they have a 1858 rem. .44 for 210.00 and a millenium 1858 .44 for 169.00. seems like a pretty good price. thanks again. flinch

I hear the new Plains Pistols will have a book-mark included with the pistol, starting in 2006. Perhaps some period correct reading glasses would be a nice touch too.

I definately need one for mine!

Awwwww....love that pistol anyhow.

Rat

Yeh. Me too. When I built one of the early Great Plains Rifles from a kit, I draw filed the barrel flats and got rid of the literature. I was lazy and bought the pistol ready made and just try to look at the right side which is fairly free of readme doc.

I saw the Millenium on their website also. I was wondering what would account for the price difference, other than finish? If it's a Uberti, that's a darn good price!

Anybody know what the difference is?

It is very expensive to put a high polish on a revolver before you blue it. The Millenium is given its finish over the machine marks and is much cheaper. And not very pretty. But it no doubt shoots quite well, like a true Uberti.

One reason I like my 2nd & 3rd generation Colts: only orginal type markings except for the tacky "Sam'l Colt" signature on the backstrap. Wish they had'enta done that.

haven't seen that but it seems like Colt did something like it with some of his presentation guns. "Complements of Col. Colt or some such.

I filed the signature off and reblued the backstrap. It gave me a chance to reshape the grips which were lumpy and totally incorrect. It still doesn't look as good as my second generation guns, but it's a good start.

Back