• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps, Good New and Bad News

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have a solid source of caps now. Yipee. Bad news? $50 for 250. I got a tin of 100 for $18 the other day as a buffer. But they have plenty of the $50 tins (plastic).

So yea they are way too expensive but it will do me until the supply increases and price comes down (do not tell me I can order, it cost a fortune to ship Haz tro AK)

The other good part is they are RWS 1075 and they fit really well on all my cones. Prior it was Rem and CCI 11s and those were not a good fit but did work with a tad of pinch.

I would rather have a lower price but I have offset use of caps in two ways. I have Mag Spark setup on one ROA (the other is caps). I took 45D to heart and got 45 Cole Unmentionable cylinder. I used to reload pistols so I have lots of powders, lot of primers and a modern reloading setup. While I prefer BP shooting, spare cylinders cost a fortune if you can get them and I can shoot a lot more 45 Colt in cartridge form and still have my BP fun. That long sight radius on the 47 Walker is really nice!

Back