• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caywood Eng. Fowler by Nothern Rifleman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Old Gunns

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am giving serious thought to purchasing a Caywood English Fowler From Northern Rifleman:[url] http://northernrifleman.com/page/xw23/Home.html[/url]

He purcases Caywood Kits and assembles them himself. The price is just about the same as purchasing it directly from Caywood.

Has anyone ever bought one of these from him? And if so How was the workmanship. I hate the thought of buying a pig in a poke, but he has been around a while, so I'd like to give it some thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rusty old guns:

I own a Caywood Wilson trade gun that I got directly from Caywood. I can't say anything about the folks you've mentioned, but I will say the dealing directly with Caywood was great, and easy. They always answered the phone when I called and took time to talk with me. In addition Mike Rowe tunes his locks on the guns they build. The lock on my gun is super.

Since as you said the price is the same why not go to the main source.

Rio

Rio,

That's exactly what I did. I called Mike and decided that waiting another two months was worth the lifetime warrente.

Thanks for the feedback and sloid ideas.

I got a fusil fin from Caywood himself. I had trouble with the lock and took it to his shop.Mike worked a hour tuning the lock nad didn't charge a dime.I would not hesitate buying another flinter from those two.

Back