• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone fortunate enough to recently buy CCI caps have issues with them not working? I just tried out a new( to me) vest pocket derringer and tried 10-12 caps out of a fresh tin and most would not pop. Some finally worked after dropping the hammer several times. I got out an old tin of Remington caps and every one popped first try.
IMG_20240824_111143899_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240824_184306404_HDR.jpg

I hope the CCIs will work one of my other guns.

if they are popping after a few trys maybe thy dont fit the nipple right . if theyre too small your hammering them down some[ stretching them out] each time you drop the hammer. im guessing the mainspring is not that strong also.

Have you tried the cci caps on anything else? If the caps finally pop after several strikes with your pistol, it might be a fit issue with that nipple.

I have not tried the CCIs on another gun, but I will tomorrow, The Remington caps that worked every time are also #11s and the hammer seemed to hit them ok. The hammer seems to fall pretty hard so the spring is strong enough.

Latest posts

Back