• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Centennial Colt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Many Klatch

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I had a table at a Trade Fair this weekend. The table next to me had lots of knives and pouches and horns. They also had an 1860 Colt at a low price, they priced it based on the sticker on the box from the 1960's. Things were slow so I picked it up and looked more closely. The top of the barrel was engraved "1860 New Model Army" I looked closer, the butt said Made in Belgium. The gun has never been fired and was still in the box. I nearly ripped my pocket getting out the cash. The box says Centennial Arms Company, Chicago, Illinois.

I used to have one of these pistols but traded it away years ago. One of those trades that remains painful.

By the way, this is for Long Johns when he sees this. The serial number has only 3 digits.

So, a New In the Box, low serial number, never fired Centennial Colt. By golly the great deals are still out there.

My congrats, AB,
I envy you: an almost NIB Centaure from 1959/1960, 3 digits S/N and the original carton from Centennial Arms Corp., Lincolnwood, IL, what a find.
Please, send me the S/N and inspector code at [email protected].
I'd like to add her to the data bank for the Centaure & FROCS website www.1960nma.org.
Thanks Long Johns Wolf

Isn't it interesting that the perceived "truth" is that the first repro revolvers were made by Uberti?
It's even printed in my copy of "The Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms". Admittedly it's the 8th Edition, so I HOPE that it has been corrected by now.

Back