• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Centermark Fusil ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackfingers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have the centermark fucil, it needs a proper rammer. It is 62cal/20ga, any length will do, I can cut to fit. Any ideas? Anyone making these? I want one that looks proper to the gun.Thanks for looking, Blackfingers

Get a 48" hickory blank from a vendor such as Track of the Wolf and either a shotgun or ramrod tip and make your own. May require some sanding.

If yours is like mine, the issue becomes the flat taper on the end that goes inside the gun. It is a pain to replicate. There are many vendors of ramrods and ramrod blanks, I haven't found anyone selling a direct replacement with the taper already done.

Those are nice but expensive. Would like to have one for my Tulle but settled for a 3/8 rod with the brass shotgun tip.

I won't be able to post a pic anytime soon. My Centermark Tule Fusil de Chase has a skinny ramrod (? 5/16") that tapers at the end which enters the thimbles. But, rather than the usual taper all the way around, like a long cone, being so thin to start with it is only tapered on one side, creating a flattened side at that end of the rod for several inches. I believe this was to clear the front lock bolt as the rod will only enter the stock fully when this flat is up.

Hope this description helps.

I have tapered a few rods successfully using an electric drill and sandpaper. Keep the shopvac handy and wear heavy gloves - it gets really hot.

This front lock bolt interference with the ramrod seems to be a common problem with these Centermark guns. I thought about sanding a flat area as mentioned to clear the lock bolt. But then you have twist around the rod to find the flat spot when replacing it in the stock. Sort of a minor inconvenience. So here is what I did. Had to make an extreme taper about 4-5" at the bottom. Now I don't have to think about getting the rod in the right position when replacing it in the stock. You just can't load with the palm of your hand.

Rick

My rifle seemed to have a similar situation, which the builder anticipated. So he turned shank of the front lock bolt down so the ramrod would clear the bolt. Seems like an easy solution.

A combination of turning the bolt and tapering the rod usually works. Also, smooth bores weren't usually meant for tight loads so stout rods weren't usually needed.

Back