• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Little Fellers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarcasmn

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am ready to step up from the Lyman GPR kit I built. I am 46 years old 5 foot 6 and broad in the chest and shoulders. I really love the 1750 to 1850 period when the ohio valley was being explored and settled. I was thinking of building a Jim Chambers Little Fellers rifle. It is based off a Berks County and I like the looks.

Has anyone ever built one of these? I am thinking the size would be a good fit for my smaller frame. Anyone have any experience with this rifle? Any ideas, suggestions or opinions are welcome

I am 46 years old 5 foot 6 and broad in the chest and shoulders.

Just because you are shorter than most does not necessarily mean you need a short rifle. Especially from the trigger back.

An easy measure that will give you a basic idea is your length of pull. Length of pull is the measurement from the inside crook of the elbow to your trigger finger in the crooked position like you were pulling the trigger. Length of pull on a rifle is from the inside crook of the buttplate to the trigger. When you lay a rifle in the crook of your elbow, your trigger finger should rest on the trigger. My LOP is 13.5" and I'm just a hair over 6'. Your length of pull could be greater than mine even though I'm taller.

There's more to stock fit than LOP but it does give an idea.

The "little fellow" has a 13" LOP out of the box. The rifle would fit me well even though it's a half an inch short. A rifle with a shorter LOP can still be comfortable to shoot whereas one with to long a pull will never be real comfortable to shoot.

The "little Fellow" IMHO was designed for a woman or older youth who can use that fine rifle for the rest of their life.
It should make a fine light hunting rifle in .50 for most adult "big fellow" shooters.

54ball said:
I am 46 years old 5 foot 6 and broad in the chest and shoulders.

Just because you are shorter than most does not necessarily mean you need a short rifle. Especially from the trigger back.

An easy measure that will give you a basic idea is your length of pull. Length of pull is the measurement from the inside crook of the elbow to your trigger finger in the crooked position like you were pulling the trigger. Length of pull on a rifle is from the inside crook of the buttplate to the trigger. When you lay a rifle in the crook of your elbow, your trigger finger should rest on the trigger. My LOP is 13.5" and I'm just a hair over 6'. Your length of pull could be greater than mine even though I'm taller.

There's more to stock fit than LOP but it does give an idea.

The "little fellow" has a 13" LOP out of the box. The rifle would fit me well even though it's a half an inch short. A rifle with a shorter LOP can still be comfortable to shoot whereas one with to long a pull will never be real comfortable to shoot.

The "little Fellow" IMHO was designed for a woman or older youth who can use that fine rifle for the rest of their life.
It should make a fine light hunting rifle in .50 for most adult "big fellow" shooters.

Very good point.

Back