• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cher-BOOM!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizzlyBear

36 Cal.
Reaction score
That's 'flintlock' speak for DEAD DEER!!!

That's right....finally dropped one with the T/C flinter...my first!

Thanks to roundball for the technical expertise and mentoring.

8 ish AM Saturday mornign I had a 13.5 inch wide 7 point. Jelly'd the near shoulder. 50 yard dash of desperation and then a dead deer.

Awesome hunt!!!!

IM000029.jpg

You did a great job GB...picked everything up very quickly...congratulations again !!
:thumbsup:

Now, about those Flintlock turkeys this coming spring...here's what you can do..... :grin:

Congratulations and Waidmanns Heil from Germany!

Hope to get my first flinter deer also soon!

Have a .54 traderifle flinter from Lyman.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Personally I'm not overly fond of 'tshirt hunting'. I gotta justify all this cold weather gear I've got! :)

I forgot this stuff:

T/C Hawken 45
Prelubed 0.018 inch pillowticked patch
roundball...at least it was round
prelubed overpowder wad
90 grains FFFg Goex
One cher-BOOM!

nice going grizz, your smile was so big, thought you were going to break your face.. :grin:

..ttfn..grampa..

Great job.....now you're hooked. There's no turning back. :grin:

Stumpkiller said:
Good on you!

T-shirt? I gotta get me someplace where you can hunt in a T-shirt! My three bottom layers are all long sleeved during hunting season.
:nono: After warm weather hunting yesterday, getting overheated & eaten by the bugs & spiders, I'll take temps less than 40 F for hunting any day!

Was that first deer or first with the flinter? Either way you'll never forget the moment and take that shot in your memory a thousand times.

Congrats on the nice buck.
bob

Nice buck and a well framed picture with Roundball watching over your shoulder with those TC"s you will be taking a lot more nice deer.

Back