• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cimmaron or Uberti 1858

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brpc

36 Cal.
Reaction score
In shopping for an 1858 Remington, I notice that the Cimmaron import is about a $100 more than the "standard" Uberti? What is the differance?

Having owned both I would have to say the difference is minimal (certainly not 100$ worth). If you are lucky enough to be at a shop that carries both then by all means put them side by side and get the one that appeals most. Cimarron is simply a distributor of Uberti the same as Taylors or Navy Arms. Having said that I usually go with Cimarron if the price is right since in my opinion their attention to QC seems to be a bit tighter and I prefer their roll mark applications. Keep in mind regardless of which brand or distributor you go with either one will probably need a bit of tweaking. Shop around, the deals are out there.
---French

Cimarron specifies a little better fit and finish in the guns that they order. So for the price difference you have the exact same gun that is a little prettier.

Cimmarron also proofs the barrel and the cylinder and gives an extended warranty. Uberti's warranty is 90days, and Cim are a year. Also if you look at a straight Uberti only the frame is proofed not the barrel or the cylinder. The action has been smoothed down. How do I know this? I just picked up a Cim .44 army Remington to use with both PB in Civil war and with a converter for cowboy loads. I think even the grips are better finished and graining seems to better also than the other Uberti's that I own.

Back