• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Clack.....pfffsssstttt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Problem Child

40 Cal.
Reaction score
That's all my .50 cal Flinter did this morning.No Bang?????
I had three deer come out on me this morning.One shooter buck,a spike and not sure what the third was.The shooter buck walked into a clearing at 25 yards and never knew I was there.I lined up the sights behind his shoulder and squeezed the trigger.I expected to hear a bang and watch the buck fall over.....didn't happen.
But I wasn't ******. I actually smiled :grin: because in truth I had a successful hunt.
Not sure what went wrong because this gun has shot 99 out of the last 100 shots.The one that didn't shoot was my fault because I had shot about 10 shots and hadn't wiped off the flint.
Man this is fun.

:wink: that's what its all about,,enjoyment! an accepting the results no matter what,,an with a smile even better !! :grin: did it 3 times at a spike few years ago,,,knowed I shoulda changed that flint,,turned out great, changed the flint an caught up again,an seen him again!
..no shot..but it was a fun day!

Jethro224 said:
Well, now that that's outta the way, it'll go off next time. :thumbsup:

It did....at home.The triangle is 2 1/4" tall and I was shooting about 30 yards. :doh:

DSC01457.jpg

Stuff (paraphrased) happens. But hopefully not in the woods. Been there, done that.

The one I remember best was the time I had my Pedersoli flintlock over a hay bale in a big field. A deer showed up well before dark and I aimed and pulled the trigger. All I got was a "klatch" with not even a "psssssf". The deer jumped and trotted a few yards then stopped. With a Hail Mary I cocked and tried again. This time I was rewarded with a solid roar and a dead deer.

...yeah, and it saved ya the trouble of draggin it back to the car... the older i get, the more i hunt that type of deer... :v:

Back