• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CO Speed Goats

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a regular rifle tag for doe. Had one point. Grandson put in for reg rifle with no points but drew ML doe as second choice for same unit as mine. Guess we'll have to camp out there for about two weeks or so! :haha: I wish!! :)

I'll hunt ml or some form of bp cartridge. could be 45-70, 10.4 swiss vetterli or maybe Dutch Beaumont. Probably will be GPR. :)

Got my tag, too. This is the first in many years to get all the tags I applied for. Must be my lucky year. Won't buy lottery, those are just voluntary tax.

It's been a good year for tags in my family,I also drew
ML elk & regular rifle deer & my brother drew his sheep tag

I sure envy that sheep tag!

I'm up to five weighted points now. Eight years!

I'll need to meet with Swampy to get some specialized hunting tips cause at this rate I'll be hunting sheep from a wheel chair! :shocked2:

Runnin Lead, it's been some years since hunting up your way. Went into Bunker Basin and camped for a few days. Got on a nice herd bull at the bottom of the basin but with five inches of very wet snow and my vehicle being straight up for way too far I just let him go.

Ever go into Trout Creek Basin above Sherrif Res?

I usualy elk hunt on Rabbit Ears pass or Sarvis
(service) Creek or out around Sand Mt.
Nice to be able to camp in at home at night in my bed !
Sometimes have elk right across the fence from my back yard but can't hunt there, have had some NICE 4 point bucks in my yard,2-3 years ago the neighbor told me he saw a mt. lion go between our houses.
I havn't got an elk in several years now, don't hunt as hard as I used to & it also seems if you have a cow tag you see bulls , a bull tag you see cows, now that they went back to either sex tags for the first time in 23 years I will probably see a HUGE BUCK.

It took my brother around 5-6 years to get his mt. goat tag & around 20 for the sheep tag, still no moose tag,I don't want to climb around like a sheep or goat & dont want to pack out a moose, unfortuneatly one of these years he will actualy draw that moose tag & I will mostprobably end up packing a :cursing: moose :idunno: :youcrazy:
I guess I am only crazy enough to actualy like to hunt elk & stupid enough to have to pack them out when I do get one or vicea versa

I and my usual elk hunting pal hunted Sarvis a few years back. You probably hunt from the bottom up? We hunted from the top down and saw nothing. Lots of old sign right out into Buff Park but I think the bowhunters moved em down pretty quick. We packed and moved over to unit 37 up Spring Creek road. Nothing doing there either. :( Was a worst year for us.

One of our guys had a cow moose tag last year. Was a job getting it out but it was not that far off the road. He drew in his 4th try. :shocked2: :confused:

I guess I am only crazy enough to actualy like to hunt elk & stupid enough to have to pack them out when I do get one or vicea versa

Aint that the truth. Every time I kill one of those buggers I ask my self "why, why did you do that?".

I don't apply for Moose and goat. Have no desire to hunt goat and can't face the moose frustration. Would like to do an AK float for moose but that may be just a pipe dream.

Anyway, can't complain. Got an ml elk, ml deer, rifle lope and who knows what leftovers might have to offer!! :)

There is an old Adage for Hunters to consider:

Shoot 'em close to camp, or shoot the small ones".

:hmm: :wink:

Out here the recommendation is to carry 10 lbs of salt cause you are going to eat the dang thing right there! :haha:

marmotslayer said:
Out here the recommendation is to carry 10 lbs of salt cause you are going to eat the dang thing right there! :haha:

If you shoot it near a current bush you can just pack in an electric skillet ,then you don't have to get wood for your cook fire.

Latest posts

Back