• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cochran flintlock parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a rifle that has a Cochran lock on it. I have been getting more into shooting it and there are a few improvements to the rifle I was thinking of making and parts on the lock that could use replacing. Is there anyplace to get parts for these or parts for another lock that would work on it? If no parts can be found is there another lock that I could replace it with if I ever needed to? I’m debating on if I want to spend time on doing improvements on this rifle but don’t want to put a bunch of work into it if I am not going to be able to find parts for the lock.

I have a double barrel flintlock shot gun with Cochran locks. They are top of the line back in the day. I'll try and find the spec's on them and I think some parts are still available.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/double-barrel-16-gauge-flintlock-shotgun.95853/
Pictures that are missing are at the end of the thread.
Edit: add contact info.
Jim Alvey of Texas is the owner of the Cochran line of flintlock and percussion gun locks. Jim has complete locks and parts for sale. Replacement parts include any mainspring, frizzens and other individual parts.
You can reach Jim at 806-874-0891 or contact him by email at [email protected]

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what is troubling the lock. Cochran locks are well-regarded but long out of production.

Swapping for a new lock, making or finding replacement parts are all possible...but maybe it just needs a tune-up?

Back