• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cochran locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djnye

40 Cal.
Reaction score
hey folks. i have a cockran flintlock i bought in 1990 that i have managed to break the cock/tumbler screw on. i checked with the supplier(track of the wolf), but appartantly this lock is no longer made. don't know the size since i haven't dug out the embedded stud yet, but it might be 6-32 or-40.(accross the threads it mikes about .040) can anyone out there offer some assistance?

daniel

the measurement refered to should read .140, not .040. sorry.
daniel

You might try Tip Curtis Frontier Ship in Cross Plains, TN. He usually has some old lock parts.
smile.gif

615-654-4445

thank you both for the suggestions.
i am pleased to report a successful operation on the wounded lock has been completed and all is well. drilled out the broken screw. chased new threads with a 6-40 tap and used a screw of a small siler lock that was supplied by track of the wolf. and to boot, track of the wolf sent me a letter giving the recent history of the cockran lock business--who bought it when willy cockran retired, and that he has since sold the equiptment to two other lockmakers who will continue to manufacture the lock. track has some very nice people there--and helpful.
daniel

Back