• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colorado Guide Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimikinz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,

I was talking to Jerry at "Colorado Hunter Services" about a tresspass hunt on some land in unit 12 for first rifle. Anybody have an experience with him?

I would love to go fully guided...but the money is not there. Anybody have any other recommendations for a DIY or tresspass outfitter?

Thanks!

There is plenty of public land to hunt. If you know what unit(s) your tag is good for, let me know and I may be able to make some suggestions.

Jim Anderson said:
Hello,

I was talking to Jerry at "Colorado Hunter Services" about a tresspass hunt on some land in unit 12 for first rifle. Anybody have an experience with him?

I would love to go fully guided...but the money is not there. Anybody have any other recommendations for a DIY or tresspass outfitter?

Thanks!

Ok, new term. Explain to the dumb Alabama boy what a tresspass hunt is.

basically your paying to hunt on somebody's land. Kind of varies from just letting you on to some kind of lodging or camping provided.

I have private property I can hunt for deer. I shoot some coyotes for him during the year, and he lets me hunt big game there too. It's only a mile from me, so it's convenient.

The problem is, he has a bull on the property. You have no idea how fast a 68 year old fart can run when being chased by a bull. :shocked2:

I think i'll skip hunting there this year.

There is a lot of public land in unit 12. You don't need a guide. Do have to draw a tag for 12. But better have topo maps and gps. Last time I hunted in unit 12 the 4 wheelers had roads a lot of places they had never had before. Makes the hunting better in the places they can't get to but they go about every where in the summer months. Its been 4 or 5 years if it has changed I would like to go back. If still the same no thanks. Larry Wv

Pretty much all of that unit and the surroundings on the NF is "Roadless" from what the maps say. I'll know for sure when I get there I guess... :hmm:

Jim I know what it is supposed to be. :grin: But the state can't patrol it. The atvs had a lot of it ruined a few years ago. I like hunting that unit. If its ok and you can hunt it again I will go back. :) Larry wv

Larry;
Topo maps are good. W#hat I have done here, because there is so much private land, is try to transfer NF boundaries on topo maps, and you have the best of both.
Set up trail cameras and catch those durn fools that are too lazy to walk. The best evidence there is, we have to protect our hunting grounds. Every 4-wheeler (chariots of the devil) that is used in NF is supposed to have a registration sticker (yellow I think) and if you get enough pics, they will patrol that area and put a stop to it. But it takes work on our part.
Good huntin'.

Latest posts

Back