• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colrain turkey barrel question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
If the breech measures .62 and the bore at muzzle measures .58........would states with a 20 gauge (.62) minimum for turkey hunting recognize this barrel as a 20 gauge or something smaller?

I realize that this may be a great question for the local 'possum cop, er, I mean conservation officer.

I just thought some here may have posed this question to the proper authorities and you might relate what you found out.

Thanks, Skychief.

It's nothing more than a .20ga barrel with a tapered choke...be no different than if you were afield with a Remington .20ga, and had a tight smaller diameter turkey choke screwed into it...in the case of the Colerain, it simply has a fixed permanent choke designed into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed Roundball. I wonder if the men in green would see it our way. :hmm:

It's not as though they could measure the bore toward the breech and many times our guns are not marked "20 gauge" like an 870 Wingmaster and so on.

I will be asking and let all here know what I am told.

Skychief

Skychief said:
Agreed Roundball. I wonder if the men in green would see it our way. :hmm:
It's not as though they could measure the bore toward the breech and many times our guns are not marked "20 gauge" like an 870 Wingmaster and so on.
I will be asking and let all here know what I am told.
Skychief
Another thought...
Maybe you could download the .20ga description from the Colerain website, laminate it and stick it in your vest.
(or, ask Colerain to Email the .20ga description to you on Colerain letterhead, or a copy of the bill of sale with it described, etc)

Back