• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

correct set triggers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyWhiskers

69 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend just picked up a Dickert style rifle froma a custom builder. The rifle is very nice but I wondered about the set triggers. Before the lock can be cocked the trigger must be set. Is this normal?

Not the least bit uncommon on old rifles, but people today sure don't like it.

Actually, given the very LOW height of available set triggers, I'm amazed that anyone can achieve this condition!

Travel over to the members listing and look up RonT..he bought an older built Lancaster from me that has the same trigger set up...got a lot of good advice from some of the others...me?...well, I just shot 'er just the same.
bouncer :thumbsup:

Personally, I dislike that, it is a pain in the butt.

That can be solved and to do so is a very simple process.

Latest posts

Back