• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cottontail....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and a good buddy of mine put the super stalk on two rabbits this afternoon. Spotted them chasing each other at about 100 yds and we couldnt figure out how we could possibly approach them. Before long, they got down into a ravine and I saw my chance: quickly drop down behind the ridge and go along its back side and silently rise up the ridge with only my head visible. There was actually a pretty good chance with the two rabbits being distracted chasing each other back and forth.

When I got into position I noticed my buddy was getting into his own position on the uphill side, and I watched him point to his eyes with two fingers, so I pointed to him and made my hand like a gun, and he moved in and crouched, I watched him level his shotgun and as he fired I stood there watching for the other rabbit to run out hoping for a double; but I couldn't see anything. As far as i could tell the other rabbit must still be there; and my buddy was now sitting there pointing from the other side, and gesturing for me to move in. Following his guidance from hand signals 40 yards away, I quietly eased up over the ridge just enough to expose my head, and then my shoulders, looking to where he was motioning me and I saw the rabbit frozen against the root ball 25 yards away.

The last thing I said to myself as I took careful aim, was, you only get one chance and then took great care squeezing the trigger...bang, thud, and I watched this guy tumble over backwards...completing the double...so I thought.

20210904_154031.jpg
20210904_164823.jpg

But as I glanced around for my buddy's rabbit, I noticed a speck of blood on the ear of mine, and realized it was a pellet hole...It didn't take me long to realize what had happened...one of us had missed (and it wasnt me)!

Last edited:
You are certainly getting it done with that pistol lately! I've enjoyed hearing about your hunts, this one sounded pretty exiting! I bet it's really satisfying making meat with that fine looking gun. Congratulations!

Back