• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crazy T/C Renegade Idea...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's a group going out in a few weeks on a dove hunt, and Mama says I can go. :bow:

Problem: I don't have a BP shotty (and not quite enough $ to pay $600 for one right now). I would really like to not shoot lame-o centerfire.

Thought: I do have a .50 Renegade. Wonder what would happen if I replaced to PRB with wadded lead shot. Like buck-n-ball, minus the buck!

Crazy, I know... But I guess it's proff positive that I have the FEVER!!!

Why not track down a used 12 gauge barrel for +/- $200 for that renegade? You'll like the results on dove, but I'd bet you'll be badly disappointed in the 50 with shot. Try it and let us know, but I'm not holding my breath.

BrownBear said:
Why not track down a used 12 gauge barrel for +/- $200 for that renegade? You'll like the results on dove, but I'd bet you'll be badly disappointed in the 50 with shot. Try it and let us know, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hard to find the 12ga Toledo arms barrels, better luck on the 56cal original TC barrels.

I found a Toledo, extra full choke and I'm not selling it........

Wonder what would happen if I replaced to PRB with wadded lead shot. Like buck-n-ball, minus the buck!

Whar happens is the rifling spins the shot column and tends to fling it to side after exiting the muzzle. Usually a big hole in the middle of the pattern. Not of any use whatever beyond ten yards.

That's what I found with a .45 ml gun and also using shot shells in a .44 mag.

Back