• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crop scaring!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people call them flying rats but IMO, the name is not really deserved.

Pigeons are just very large doves and lots of people like hunting and eating doves.

Pigeons make good eating although they are a bit on the tough side. I think they taste a bit like chicken gizzards.

The Passenger Pigeon was heavily hunted for food and I'm sure thousands of people ate them back in the days before they became extinct.

I have eaten more than a few of the "Rock Pigeons" commonly infesting the city. Of course they were dead and cleaned.

I will say, the common (Rock) pigeon does eat just about everything it can get its beak around and a lot of the stuff they eat in the cities basically is garbage (like popcorn, French fries, half eaten hot dog and hamburger buns...) but really, a bit of stale bread or some old French fries doesn't cause much (if any) of a problem with the meat.

(Anyone who likes eating chicken should never see what they will gladly eat. Now, picking kernels of corn out of cow or pig scat..... Now, THAT's garbage!).

Anyway, nice shooting Britsmoothy.

Eat 'um up! Yum!

Thanks gents.
Town pigeons we call the urban pests and they stay in the garbage can when shot!
These are wild country birds.

5/8oz of small shot, shot on the wing.

B.

How is it that I am so screwed up that I live within walking distance of a range, and also of a place to hunt, and live in America, and our brother over in the UK, ...., deals with the gun-laws there, and yet..., is constantly harvesting something???

I need to reset my priorities.....

:doh:

LD

Loyalist Dave said:
How is it that I am so screwed up that I live within walking distance of a range, and also of a place to hunt, and live in America, and our brother over in the UK, ...., deals with the gun-laws there, and yet..., is constantly harvesting something???

I need to reset my priorities.....

:doh:

LD

Yep! I lost Old Buddy in early may and have not camped or shot since ..... summer will be done and gone soon. To take a quote from shawshank Best "get busy living or get busy dying."

Back