• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Custom built 1801 French Cavalry Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Forum member's client buyer backed out, pistol back up for sale.

SEE SHORT VIDEO BELOW OF SPARKS THIS PISTOL PRODUCES :ghostly:

I acquired components for this attractive French military style pistol years ago while while I was still gunsmithing & building custom guns.
It has a vintage patina similar to a French original of the same model in my collection at the time..

This brass & steel wrapped battle pistol has only been fired a few times so the .68 cal. smooth bore remains smooth as new.
All internals of the lock including springs & frizzen have been tuned & polished to produce a shower of sparks with a nice 3lb trigger pull.
The walnut stock also remains in perfect condition with no cracks or damage.

*Photos are in high resolution so can be zoomed in for detail.

I've very fairly priced this custom built pistol at $595. plus actual Priority shipping & insurance & prefer USPO Money Order as payment.
Sorry no trades, I'm 82 & time to thin down the herd.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• French 1801 8-3-24 posting photo.jpg
    French 1801 8-3-24 posting photo.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 7
  • French 1801 left view.jpg
    French 1801 left view.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1801 French is lock & barrel view.jpg
    1801 French is lock & barrel view.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 0
  • French 1801 8-3-24 posting photo.jpg
    French 1801 8-3-24 posting photo.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 0
  • French 1801 left view.jpg
    French 1801 left view.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1801 French is lock & barrel view.jpg
    1801 French is lock & barrel view.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 0
  • French 1801 bottom view.jpg
    French 1801 bottom view.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
  • French 1801 top view.jpg
    French 1801 top view.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • French 1801 bore photo.jpg
    French 1801 bore photo.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I acquired the components for this neat military style pistol years ago while while I was still gunsmithing & building custom guns
& finished it with a vintage patina similar to an original I owned at the time.

This brass & steel wrapped battle pistol has only been fired a few times so the .68 cal. smooth bore is still like new.
All internals of the lock including springs & frizzen have been tuned & polished to produce a shower of sparks and a nice 3lb trigger pull.

I've fairly priced this pistol at $595. plus actual Priority shipping & insurance & prefer USPO Money Order as payment.
Sorry no trades, I'm 82 & it's time to thin down the herd.
Thanks for looking.
TTT

Forum member's client backed out, pistol still available.

I acquired components for this attractive French military style pistol years ago while while I was still gunsmithing & building custom guns.
It has a vintage patina similar to a French original of the same model in my collection at the time..

This brass & steel wrapped battle pistol has only been fired a few times so the .68 cal. smooth bore remains smooth as new.
All internals of the lock including springs & frizzen have been tuned & polished to produce a shower of sparks with a nice 3lb trigger pull.

I've very fairly priced this custom built pistol at $595. plus actual Priority shipping & insurance & prefer USPO Money Order as payment.
Thanks for looking.
BTT

Forum member's client backed out, pistol still available.

Thanks for looking.
TTT

Latest posts

Back