• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA 12 gauges

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CVA Trapper 12 gauge was made with a screw-in choke? If so, what make of choke tubes can be used in the gun? Also, was the CVA Gobbler made with a fixed modified choke. Thanks

Yes! I have one with screw in chokes.
Don't know if anyone else's chokes will fit.
I found the chokes to be a pain to reload so I put one in a lathe and opened it up just enough to for a plastic wad to slip in.
works great for me!

I have a CVA trapper that has a removable choke. I have not found any after market chokes that will work with it. There may be some, I just have not found any.

Yes :redface: plastic, that was years ago before I saw the light. now I mostly use leather or tow....some times hard cards.
But I don't use plastic anymore. :grin:

I like to be able to make what I use.

You could put a Poly-Choke on it. Leave it as cyl when loading, and then screw it back down to your desired choke for hunting. Of course, it's about as un-PC / HC as it gets, and ugly as all get out, but it would probably work.

Latest posts

Back