• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva hawken value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyatt243

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering what a cva hawken in .50 cal would be worth a local gun shop has one for $150 it is in real good condition.I have wanted a hawken for a while but have never seen a cva always t.c. Thanx in advance to everyone.

Most of the CVA's are real accurate shooters. The caplock are pretty good, but they had some problems with their flintlocks. You could probably find a T/C on one of the Auctions or maybe even in the classifieds here for not a whole lot more. And T/C's do have a lifetime warranty. But for the money the CVA should be a good gun, especially if you can talk the shop down to $200-$225.

I have two of the St Louis hawkens. The one has killed three deer with the 50 barrel, Have 50&54 barrels for both, the other one has killed seven deer with 54 barrel. Two over 100yrds with RB. I paid 170.00 as a kit from Mid-South a few years back,over 15. But I got two barrels. You wont buy one with one barrel now for. 150.oo sounds fair. These are cap locks. Dilly

I would save a few extra bucks and get a good used TC. You wont regret it and it will hold its value.
Frank

I don't regret a bit buying my CVA.50, it will shoot as good if not outshoot my buddys TC's if I do my part.

Back