• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED CVA / Russell 6” Green River knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint Striker

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’m interested in finding a couple of the CVA / Russell Green River knives. They were sold as kits with leather fold-over sheaths in the 1970’s. The blades were about 6” with a small swedge ground into the clip point, and had both Russell and CVA markings. I’d consider decently constructed knives, kits, decent bare blades, etc. Need not be pristine - I’m looking for user knives for a little outdoor foraging, light kitchen work, conversation piece, etc. A little patina is OK as long as it’s not too worn or damaged. Please let me know what you have.

Hard to believe people asking 150 on eBay for these knives now. There is a few on eBay without the cva stamp for around 20.00.

Hard to believe people asking 150 on eBay for these knives now. There is a few on eBay without the cva stamp for around 20.00.

The guy asking $125 for the kit is definitely fishing for someone else - I could get a nice 5 pin handle replica forged by a smith for not much more. I missed a decent CVA Russell for $26 plus shipping last week because I wasn’t paying attention. Figure maybe someone here has a couple in the unfinished project pile they might let go.

I have one, bought it as a kit from a blk powder gun shop long gone now, around 1974, Cleaned my first deer with it in the Northern Wisconsin Woods in 74. The CVA logo is still visible, if you look closely. A yr ago I added another dot at the bottom of the sheath. its been a good knife on deer, over all these years.
I also refinished the handles.
Good luck in your search.
Sorry its not for sale.
Just thought I would share some pics for those who havn't seen one.

Dave

Attachments

• 20240902_211145.jpg
    20240902_211145.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240902_211158.jpg
    20240902_211158.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I have one, bought it as a kit from a blk powder gun shop long gone now, around 1974, Cleaned my first deer with it in the Northern Wisconsin Woods in 74. The CVA logo is still visible, if you look closely. A yr ago I added another dot at the bottom of the sheath. its been a good knife on deer, over all these years.
Sorry its not for sale.

Dave

Thank you for the photo. I have known about them for awhile, and a regular Russell is a decent classic knife too. Just got to thinking about the CVA’s and got a little nostalgic.

Sorry its not for sale.

Dave

Beautiful knife!!

Back