• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Shotgun replacement lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt B

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My brother and I both had problems with the left sear springs on our shotguns last year. I had my spring replaced. He is thinking of replacing the entire lock. I've looked at Dixie and TOW. Just wondered if anyone had replaced one or both locks. If so what lock and model #?

Thanks for any and all help.

Two options:

1. Call Deer Creek Products at 765-525-6181. They have a stock of parts for the CVA products, including locks for the shotgun, and they are good people. I bought a CVA shotgun kit back in the 70's but didn't get around to building it until just last year. I had preserved the metal parts to prevent rust and stored them separately from the kit package, and the locks were missing when I dug them out. Deer Creek had the locks, cost me about $30 each as I recall. Naturally, one week after the new locks arrived I found the old ones. Which brings me to...

2. Send me a pm or post a note on the pistol forum and I'll part with my extra locks. I have no other use for them. Same price as Deer Creek.

Back