• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA trigger guard question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daven

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Another question about a CVA frontier rifle

I saw some spurred CVA Hawken trigger guards for sale and was wondering...can you swap out the plain trigger guard on a frontier rifle and replace it with a spurred Hawken guard?

(My apologies if this has been covered before: I tried a couple of searches on this site and didn't find anything. 'Course, that could have been me.)

I presume it would require some drilling and hole filling, but are the stocks similar enough to make the switch?

BTW, just tried out that cheap little frontier rifle. A bit small for my frame, but it punched 4-shot, one-hole groups at 25 yards. Feeling optimistic about longer distances.

I presume it would require some drilling and hole filling, but are the stocks similar enough to make the switch?
Yeah, but the hole filling will probably be the area in your stock that the rear of your TG fit's in, then you'll need to inlet the rear of the new TG into the stock.
I have a Traditions Hawken (same as CVA) and from front to back the Hawken TG is 7 3/4"s long.

Overall length is about the same but the configuration of the 2 are completly different. If you did manage to do it I don't think you would be happy with the end results! :idunno:

I just went to the basement and checked and I used a trigger guard from a CVA Squirrel rifle this can be done with no changes to the stock and you can use the same holes as for the single trigger.
I have 2 frontiers with the single triggers. One I bought a double set trigger for and installed the double set after some work removing enough wood to allow the new trigger set to sit in place and work properly.My CVA Squirrel rifle with double set triggers I used as my reference gun.The stock on the Squirrel rifle has the basic same shape as the Frontier. I used the trigger guard from the frontier with the double set triggers as I don't yet have a spare trigger guard .No The Squirrel rifle guard is not the same as the Hawken but just thought I'd let you know if you were interested.

I have several T/C rifles that have the 'lollipop'
style trigger guards. I think they came off a CVA Hawken. The rear foot of the spurred guard is smaller. Ergo; A T/C spur guard may fit a CVA Hawken as is.

Thanks, all. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm thinking I'll give it a try. The worse that can happen is it'll look awful. In that case I'll tell folks, "It was just fine when I loaned it to my brother-in-law..."

Back