• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA trophy rifle for hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breech

36 Cal.
Reaction score
With plans to move to montana next spring and hunt everything they have to offer.I have been puting together the best collection of MLs I can get.Well I am a traditional gun lover but knew the need for a scoped rifle for pronghorn,mountaingoats and the like.I ran across a CVA trophy rifle which was a combination of trditional and modern and I liked the gun.Although it is 13 years old was still new in the box and I paid full resale for the rifle.It is a carbine 50 cal with a walnut stock{hated there finish so sanded it off and hand rubbed an oil finish) 1 in 34 twist has an offset hammer for scope mounting,monte carlo stock rubber butpad terrible ramrod(replaced)used see through mounts and a simmons pro diamond scope and the gun with 100 grns of pyrodex shoots unbelievable tight groops at 100 yrds with sabbots.The gun shoots very well and after shooting with have had no problems but alot of people have told me not to trust any CVA gun because they are all junk.Can anybody tell me what is likely to break.I have looked the gun over and other than the finnish on the stack and the ramrod I cannot find what all the fuss is.I have had many people around here tell me to get rid of it because of the maker.Are they that bad. :huh:

Latest posts

Back