• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cylinder for Uberti Remington Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krkrzy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi I just bought a great Uberti New Model Navy 36 caliber and am trying to find a spare cylinder for it. The Pietta cylinders won't work with the Ubertis as I have heard that the Uberti are closer to the originals. I bought a cylinder from a dealer and had to return it as it would not fit the Uberti. Will I have to go to the factory? Any suggestions?
Thanks R Edwards

Cylinders shouldn't be too hard to find, as folks sometimes buy an extra or two. You might check Dixie or Track of the Wolf. They usually keep a good selection of parts available.

VTI Gun Parts:
Click Here

The third item 5, part number UB:110005.

Buying any cylinder for any gun is a bit of a manure shoot. Cylinders are moving close tolerance parts, and sometimes the tolerance buildup is against you. I'd take the gun and the cylinder to a gunsmith for custom fitting if it doesn't work out at first.

If you look at the fine print on cylinders, you know that little scrible..., you will see "fitting may be required by a gun smith" I just picked up a Rem Cattlemans Carbine with two cap and ball cylinders and a new Converison LC cyclinder. Had to shave off .013 to make it work. Good luck finding one off the shelf. Perhaps you can ship the gun to a supplier and have them try it out. Your going to pay a lot of shipping back and forth right now otherwise.

Pat

Excellent advice :thumbsup: ! Some of those "drop-in" parts don't quite drop-in. Same can be said for cartridge conversion cylinders as well. Best fit is sometimes found by sending the gun to the cylinder place for a proper fit.

Dave

+1 on what smokin 50 said. Two out of three of my conversion cylinders dropped right in; the other one required a bit of file-try-file-try, etc. Emery

May be true for some, but on my Pietta Rem 58 .44, I bought two spare cylinders and the fit up for both was as good (which was great) as the original that came with the pistol.

Thanks for all of the good advice, I finally got frustrated and bought a cylinder from Cabela's and took the file to it, I had to file down the cylinder to fit, I was able to do that and it works great, however it is not blued but I will leave it that way to be able to tell the cylinders apart. Thanks again for all of the good advice.
RBE

Back