• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I heard he was on the place, only spotted once last year. I stopped by to hunt w/my buddy for a while this eve and on the way back to his house he spotted this in a brushpile.

Monsta.jpg

I am still shaking my head. What a buck!!

Wess

Dang, hate to see that bud. But there should be quite a few of his "kids" running around out there. Hopefully he passed on those genes of his, I take it you are in Ky? Good luck though!! :thumbsup:

That's a shame! Sometimes it's better not to know--keep believing it's out there somewhere. Every couple years we see one like that, then it just disappears. Only once have I heard of a hunter collecting it. Their genes are living on though! Good luck on the hunt for it's siblings/kids.

That's a helluva buck!

I'm sure he passed on his genes. Keep on the lookout in a couple years for bucks that look like their daddy.

It's a shame he's gone but nobody lives forever.

HD

Too bad it wasn't you who took him. But that is the sad fact of life. Most of those big boys die of old age or accidents like a semi-tractor trailer hitting them at night during the rut.

Wow! And, what a shame!
I talked with my cousin the other night. They live on a small farm in Pennsylvania. She told me they saw buzzards circling over their woodlot recently, so they went to investigate.
They found the remains of a 12 point buck. It had been stuck with an arrow, but obviously had run off and been lost to whoever shot it.

Make youself a European style mount out of him. He would look great on your wall even if you didn't bag him with a gun. :thumbsup:

I definitely agree you should do him up as a European mount - what a buck! And then you can go looking for his sons! :thumbsup:

Awesome deer!
Just for grins, are you going to do a rough measurement on that rack?
Would be interesting how it would have scored. :hmm:

Wow! That is one heck of a whitetail. It would be interesting to know what it scores. Maybe you could take guesses and see who comes closest to the actual score. That will make a really nice european mount.
Idaho PRB

Such a pity......

that the guy holding it can't feel any joy or excitement over it.
So what do the forensics tell you of the animal? How old was it, how did it die, was it healthy? Or was there no skeleton to be found?

All of his teeth were in tact on the skull, I am not the expert by a rough guess of 5.5?

Last year Ky had a bad case of EHD and I found prob about 10 deer by the creek dead. This buck was found in a small washout brushpile, by the creek. My guess, is EHD.

If my buddy scores him I'll let you know.
Wess

Stumpkiller said:
You're right . . . what a buck!
Yessirree, thanks for showing us the pic, at least we can appreciate him for the majestic critter he was. :hatsoff:

It's only a shame if it died of a gut shot. It is nice to know that a deer can out fox us occasionally :grin:

Back