• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daniel Boone Series on DVD?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
With all these TV shows coming out on DVD, does anyone know if the 1960's Daniel Boone series with Fess Parker is on DVD? I keep looking at Wal-Mart and video stores with no luck.
Thanks for any info.

Received the following email from someone in 2003 concerning the complete series but I am not sure whether its on the up and up.

Hello,
The cost for all 85 episodes of the Daniel Boone TV Series on VHS is $425 + 20 S/H/I. That is right at $5 an episode,if you buy the whole set. DVD versions are superior in picture quality because of the digital transfer. On DVD Video, each episode is commercial free, chaptered and indexed. The cost for all 85 episodes on DVD-R is $495 + 10 S/H/I. If you have any questions contact me 770-472-9091
You can get individual disc for $35 + 5 S/H/I. 4 episodes per disc.
I accept Money Order, Check, Paypal([email protected])
Andre Cloud
8099 Sonja Drive
Jonesboro, GA 30236
USA

Would be careful about dealing with an individual selling them They could be bootleg copies that are a copyright infringement. :m2c: I learned Claude. ::

Hello everyone,
With all these TV shows coming out on DVD, does anyone know if the 1960's Daniel Boone series with Fess Parker is on DVD? I keep looking at Wal-Mart and video stores with no luck.
Thanks for any info.

fp.jpg

Well I dunno about the Dan Boone series .. but last year I got to meet Fess Parker at the Alamo in San Antonio, and he is a real gentleman! :front: The two ladies in the picture are two of Davy Crockett's direct descendants ...

dc.jpg

And while we are on the subject of Davy Crockett .. here is a picture of David Patton Crockett( he's in the red faced jacket :front:) ... the real deal ... Davy C's greatgrandson ... whom I met this year in San Antonio at the March 6th Dawn Ceremony. Great times indeed! :eek: ::

Davy

Thanks for the replies. Just another quick question. I would have thought there would have been more than 85 episodes of the series. If I remember correctly, the series ran from 1964-1971. I was only in the first grade in 1964, so my memory may be faulty. Can anyone verify for me when the series actually ran? Thanks.

I would have thought there would have been more than 85 episodes of the series.
There were 165 episodes from the premiere "Ken-Tuck-E" on Sept 24, 1964 through the final episode on May 7, 1970.
The southern bootlegger is a little short by 80 episodes!
Jack

Thanks for straightening that out--my memory wasn't off too far. I knew there had to be more than 85 episodes. By the way, how many people are into this hobby now brcause of the impression made on them by Fess Parker when they were growing up? Any of ya'll like that?

I bought the pilot movie on VHS, and loved it, but was VERY surprised to see THE SAME STORY already told in the 1952 movie Bend in the River with Jimmy Stuart.:curse:
I've been looking ever since for a DVD release, as I refuse to buy any more VHS tapes if I can help it.

how many people are into this hobby brcause of the impression made on them by Fess Parker when they were growing up?
Sure, Boone, Crockett, all the various FIW and AWI flicks burned in my brain throughout my growing up. And back inthe mid-60's, I stumbled across a couple of "buckskinners" while exploring some cliff caves in Southern Ohio. they fired off their flinters for us. It all spurred the interest. But to be honest, I did not build and fire my first muzzleloader until I watched episode #1 of Centennial. Yeah, it was Pasquinel in 1978, not Daniel Boone that gave me the final push to start shooting black powder. Within a week I'd bought a CVA kit and was hooked. I stopped shooting cartridge guns right after that :)
Jack

Back