• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Day in the Woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Took my new/old flintlock hunting today. I had some deer close, but not close enough to tell if they were bucks. I did some plinking & drank a cold IBC rootbeer for lunch. Temp was in the low 60s. Awesome day with God.

She hang fires just a tad, but is very accurate. I need to get some 4F, new style vent liners, and send the lock back to T/C for tweaking.

The new rammer I made worked fine.

02-21-09_1110.jpg

Mark Lewis said:
Took my new/old flintlock hunting today.
She hang fires just a tad...I need to...send the lock back to T/C for tweaking.

Seems like an odd decision to make when you were just telling everybody the opposite on 2/15:

"...I could send them back and get the new style for free, but I don't see any reason to abuse a good company and put folks out of work..."

Think you had a fine time out there!

Tell a man form the land of beer (Bavaria) how a root beer tastes?

Regards

Kirrmeister

I don't believe I said anything about sending something back that isn't broken, just to get something free. If it needs a new frizzen or other parts, I'll pay for it.

I like the picture of your kit. The IBC brings back memories of their Cream Soda while I was attending Purdue. I lived on that stuff. Yum. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a grand time! I hope that you weren't hunting Deer in Florida - that season has passed...

We still have one more weekend up here on the panhandle. We are going small game hunting today.

Mark Lewis said:
I was out again today. I missed a squirrel, but I saw this near my stand.

02-22-09_1024.jpg

Wow! A genuine Hawken tree! :rotf: :haha:
A fresh rub? When do your deer rut down there? Wish I was still hunting deer... :(

They rut in the middle of Jan. & again in the middle of Feb.

The gun was much faster today. I guess a through cleaning in the breech area was what it really needed.

Having had several guns with Chamber's locks, I'm not use to having to work at this.

Back