• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer down

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave n

36 Cal.
Reaction score
7:30 this mourning took a nice eating size doe 90-100#. So now I have to wait for reg season before I can go out again with the bp . She was 80-100 yds , clipped the top of her heart with a clean pass through . 80 grs of 3f topped off with a .015 ox-yoke and a .490 rb .
Wish shooting deer was like sipping a good whisky . Sit back sip it slow and enjoy it . Seems like it happens all so fast when you shoot deer .
For those from ny I was in the schroon lake area .

Congrats on the deer! We can't use a m/l until November, during the regular rifle season. And yes, it happens fast. How many times we could sit all day and then, in 5 seconds, have a deer on the ground....

Thanks for the kind words everyone . It's nice to be able to speek out about your bp kills to preople who can appreciat it . Especially with a prb . In my area every one uses a online and could care less about traditional style hunting . :v

Congrats. In southern NY we have to wait until regular gun season in November as there is no early muzzleloader season. And around here it is all inline as well. I walk up with a flintlock and they look at me like what is wrong with this guy...

Be glad to send someone a photo , if they would be kind enough to post it . My phone is my computer and I have a real hard time with it as far as using photo bucket and transferring it to this sight . Who knows it might not be the phone . It might be me :confused: :shocked2: .

:photoSmile:

up yer load by 10 grains of 3F and your using the exact same load as i did for my recent deer. good job on putting meat on the table!

-Matt

Back