• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer were moving last few days.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
my wife made some good kills and even let me shoot one. i will try and get the pictures loaded in the next couple days. she started things off with a nice 8 point then the next day doubled up with a seven point and a nice doe. i ended up the hunt with a good size doe. we had to hunt from a shooting house so she had a shooting rest to hold up the kentucky. the 8 point was rutting so bad he didn't even run off the first two shots but the third shot rung his bell. the other deer were all one shot kills. i think it was my fault she missed the 8 point the first two times. i had loaded down on the powder for her to try and keep it from kicking her so bad. i had only fixed up 50 gr. charges for her and the 8 point was about 65 yards and i was telling her how to aim. after the second miss i told her to aim over his back a few inches and she nailed him. talk about getting buck fever its a wonder i even got half the powder down the bore after that second shot. she kept screaming hes going to run and here i was trying to watch the buck and load in a shooting house you couldn't even stand up in. the seven point and doe were close shots and both ran about 50 yards before going down. we had hogs come out two days in a row but they stayed at the far end of the food plot about 300 yards away. .

That is a pretty big food plot! I had been trying to get out as often as possibly between the rain ,i don't use blinds and hardly ever a treee stand just ground hunt,well the other day i told my wife i'm not going in the morning and i woke up at 8am to sunshine well about 10am i said i'm taking my best friend for a walk in the woods,well we were going out this ridge and i look down and catch movement lower down and kinda back fromm the way we came keep looking and finaly make out a pretty good buck neck all swelled up and he was constently liking his nose look like he had been runnin all night he stops broadside at about 40 yds and looks at us i had squated down and my dog had laid down looking at him he stands there about 3 seconds then blows and trots away,best and only 2nd buck i saw all season.

DSCN2130_zpscpyxarhw.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN2131_zpspc6g0fyb.jpg
[/URL][/img]

That's very nice. Congrats to you and your wife.

I've been laid up the last few days but the cold front went through and the sky was bright and bluebird for the last couple of days. I've never had any luck after the sky clears when a front passes so I probably didn't didn't miss anything.

I'm getting antsy though.

Back