• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This a great forum to show and tell. I use my flinter in general rifle seasons. Most of the hunters I talk to don't know what I'm talking about when I say I hunt with a .54 flinter. I have a bow hunter friend that shot my flinter once and said he didn't see how anyone could hit anything with that :rotf: my brother said he'd rather hunt with a rock :rotf: You folks understand what's involved and why we do it!

I hunt with a 1960's recurve bow and wood arrows to make the flintlock seem easier. ;-)

I've long felt there is something magical about a clockwork mechanism with a rock that draws sparks to ignite brimstone powder and push a lead ball (most I have cast myself) with enough speed and force to actually kill an animal that weighs more than I do when it is dressed out.

Absolute miracle there.

Stumpkiller said:
I hunt with a 1960's recurve bow and wood arrows to make the flintlock seem easier. ;-)

I've long felt there is something magical about a clockwork mechanism with a rock that draws sparks to ignite brimstone powder and push a lead ball (most I have cast myself) with enough speed and force to actually kill an animal that weighs more than I do when it is dressed out.

Absolute miracle there.
Right on, a cap lock feels like cheating nowadays! :redface:

B.

Absolute miracle there.

Poetic and note worthy,
a quote worth quoting . :thumbsup:

That's a good way to put it...had to skip the '99 bow season due to my sternum being cut open for heart surgery...out of boredom I picked up a used T/C Hawken Flintlock to play around with and that was it...hooked on Flintlocks for ever.

Back