• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Defarbing a 1860 Army pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOLIET

32 Cal.
Reaction score
who is doing Defarbing on pistol, i have one that i would like done, i want the it to be stamped with authentic inspectors and proofing marks or as close as we can get to them. i may do it my self if i could find the right stamp and a good photo of the right spot to put the stamp.
i know the spot on 1873 colt army, are they the same ? thank you frank

Hi,Louis. Something that might be of interest to you. I have an 1860 Army I purchased about 3-4 years ago from EMF in California. At the time, they offered an original-type variation with U.S.Standard threads on all screws (vs metric),cylinder using .454 balls (vs.451), and original inspector marks/cartouch (spelling?) on the grips. EMF usually stocked parts for all their guns, so....you might be able to order a set of grips from them :hmm: By the way, the grips on mine came with a great looking reddish-brown stain. Maybe I just got lucky. Rick.

Back