• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Defarbing a Traditions Hawkin woodsman.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd945043

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey men I inherited a Hawkin woodsman from traditions. I can't stand the sights on this rifle is there anyone out there that knows how to remove these sites so I can get a decent buckhorn and front blade put on the rifle I don't know how to cut a dovetail that's why I'm askin

I just checked on the Traditions website and the hawken woodsman and all the traditional rifles have dovetails only the newer styles use screws. Show us a closeup picture of your sights and we can tell you for sure what you have & need.

Even the kits have screw on sights for the hawken woodsman.
traditions-hawken-woodsman-rifle-kit-flintlock_1200x400.jpg

There must be older and newer series and the only way we will know for sure is to see a closeup picture of his gun and sights. He said that he inherited the gun so it could be an older model. I have a Traditions Fox River Fifty from 1996 that has dovetailed primitive sights. Waiting for jd's response.

Correct, rear sight is drilled and tapped in barrel for modern adj. rear sight.

Hey Frontier's, show them your pictures from your build , if I remember you had some close up picture of the tapped holes and some of you cutting the dovetail further up the barrel.

Back