• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW Jaeger .54 cal. loads.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Mike

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone suggest load data for a "DGW Jaeger Flintlock".Any information would be welcome.Regards,Mike

Many .54s like 85gr of FFF and a tight patched .535 ball.

Might want to start at 75 and work your way up.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

I have only had mine for about 3 weeks but right now I an using 70 grains of 2F, a .530 ball, and a .017 patch. I am getting around 4" groups at 100 but I think with some load work it should do better.

SO with that 1 x20 something twist it do shoot PRB's after all, I got a call from one of the owners kids (thanks Zonie) and he called it a ? forgot the word, but they did use 95 gr loads at that 2nd manufacturs shoot out the NMLRA had back in 2001 and it did put a :shocked2: ino the scoped Knight's! :rotf: Was just intrested because of the org's haveing twist same as barrel lenght, 28" 1X28 ect hanks andlet us know how you work out those loads you should get under 2" at 100 yds one of the shooters in 2001 said (he shot 1 1/2's.) fred :hatsoff:

My experience with fast twist barrels is back the powder down for PBR's. I think you should try conicals. Good luck,that the fun part seeing what works. :wink: Rocky

Back