• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW Tennessee Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo89

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just picked up a DGW Tenn Mtn Rifle, CHEAP. Great condition overall, minor crack in the toe, well cared for overall, no metal damage, great bore, etc. Are these good rifles? I remember DGW listing it for 600-700 bucks before they discontinued it. Anything I should do to it? Searched for other info on this, couldn't find anything.

DC

I like mine...I have since 1978.
Mine shoots well and a lot more accurately than I'll ever be able to hold it.

Jack

I had one in .50 flint and like an IDIOT sold it. They are solid rifles and, as far as I know, there is nothing to be wary of. Mine was a little sensitive to flint edge needing to be sharp, but that should not be a problem for you. :winking:

They are great rifles have had one for years. Dixie did not disontinue them. They are still in the catalog & Online P/N FF1120 Flint Rifle $675,FF1120 kit or FF1110 kit percusion $575. Plus convertion locks for $160 still. It'll help if your left handed though. MFG. Miroku/Japan...they still got um. You got yourself a good shooter there.

You sure about that? I remember a special on DGW about 3 months ago, that warned when the last of the lefties were gone, that was it for the DGW TMR. The part numbers aren't finding anything either, of course that doesn't mean squat when I'm trying to find it.

DC

I've owned one and I felt it was unremarkable. The lock leaves a lot to be desired. The rifling is shallow.

Back