• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DIY protective carrier for ram or cleaning rods etc.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I needed a way to carry a couple fragile punk sticks that I use to touch off my handgonne. This could be used to make carriers to transport rods as well. All you need is some PVC pipe, drink bottle tips + caps, and some IMG_20240810_142032_443.jpgepoxy. I chose to permanently glue the bottom cap, but the red top unscrews so I can get to the contents.

I made one of sch 40 pvc 3-4 years ago to swap calibers of 42" GM barrels half way across the country. Dense foam in the glued end and screw cap and the tube filled with packing peanuts. My .36 barrel arrived just fine and Josh used it to ship me his .40. When it got to the house, the top 16-18" of the tube was missing along with all the packing. A foot or so of bare barrel was sticking out of the remaining tube.

Thank you, USPS.

I made one of sch 40 pvc 3-4 years ago to swap calibers of 42" GM barrels half way across the country. Dense foam in the glued end and screw cap and the tube filled with packing peanuts. My .36 barrel arrived just fine and Josh used it to ship me his .40. When it got to the house, the top 16-18" of the tube was missing along with all the packing. A foot or so of bare barrel was sticking out of the remaining tube.

Thank you, USPS.
You were lucky; I got an empty box with a barrel sized hole in the end. At least they got the address right 😡

Back