• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRADE Douglas 40 Cal. Octagon barrel 44 inch for Smooth bore round barrel 44 inch.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pards,

I have a unused Douglas 40 Cal. Octagon barrel 44 inch long 1 inch width and a 5/8 breach plug all ready fitted for barrel. I would like to trade it for a Octagon to round Smooth bore barrel 44 inch. I am making a trade gun so a bigger caliber will be OK.
Also need Iron trade gun parts butt plate,trigger guard etc. I have a lock that should work and stock for my trade rifle build. I have a trigger guard,butt plate in brass. These are in the ruff and are not drilled. Also have a patch box cover and trim in brass for trade.
So hook me up with a 44 inch quality Octagon to round smooth bore barrel in a larger caliber and some trade gun parts in iron.
I am in North East Missouri
Salt River Johnny

Attachments

• 20240830_222907.jpg
    20240830_222907.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240830_222920.jpg
    20240830_222920.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240830_222634.jpg
    20240830_222634.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240830_224404.jpg
    20240830_224404.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pards,

I have a unused Douglas 40 Cal. hexigon barrel 44 inch and a 5/8 breach plug all ready fitted for barrel. I would like to trade it for a hexigon to round Smooth bore barrel 44 inch. I am making a trade gun so a bigger caliber will be OK.
Also need Iron trade gun parts butt plate,trigger guard etc. I have a lock that should work and stock for my trade rifle build. I have a trigger guard,butt plate in brass. These are in the ruff and are not drilled. Also have a patch box cover and trim in brass for trade.
So hook me up with a 44 inch quality hexigon to round smooth bore barrel in a larger caliber and some trade gun parts in iron.
I am in North East Missouri
Salt River Johnny
Are you sure it is hexagon ?
All I have ever seen are round barrels and octagon barrels.
Count the flats. If there are 8 of them it is octagon.🛑

As smoothshooter pointed out barrel would be an octagon. Also what is the width of that barrel?

I would dearly love to get ahold of another .40 cal. Douglas barrel but at my age now a 1" barrel is probably going to be more than I can handle. The .40 cal. Douglas I made back in the late 70's is pretty much a smooth bore now it was shot so much.

I would dearly love to get ahold of another .40 cal. Douglas barrel but at my age now a 1" barrel is probably going to be more than I can handle. The .40 cal. Douglas I made back in the late 70's is pretty much a smooth bore now it was shot so much.
Your Douglas barrel is marked GAA for Golden Age Arms, a now defunct supplier. These were made for GAA in 1 turn in 48" instead of Douglas usual twist of 1 in 66". Either way, your barrel should be a fine shooting piece of hardware. I have a 1" .54 cal 36" from GAA that is 1 turn in 48" & shoots one hole groups at 50 yds when the Lord smiles on me. Might make an excellent chunk or light bench gun.
Kidfixer

Latest posts

Back