• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dove hunting around fields

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
In case it’s of any interest, one of the things I considered when I took the Virginias on a couple dove hunts, was constantly having to ground the butt stock in wet grass / rough field dirt / small stones when reloading where I was set up for doves in the mornings.
Tried a simple idea to protect the brass & stock finish and it worked great..."SackUps" for pistols.
Slipped in on for the hunt, slipped it back off when done.

003.jpg

005.jpg

Great idea!!! I may borrow that one for myself.................watch yer top knot.................

The SackUp had been laying on a shelf since I got it free as one of those "subscription renewal" gifts for Field & Stream or something years ago...when I started thinking of something to protect the butt I saw it and that was that.
Seems like something similar that was waterproof would be a good thing to use if hunting in snow...

That is an excellent idea; much better than my habit of always loading with the butt on my foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back