• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dove hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyfeet

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Went dove hunting today with the ole trusty "Rusty" CVA double 12 ga. While I only got one dove today I got a cheers all around. This dove flew a circular pattern for about 20 minutes with everyone whiffing on it including myself twice. All said it had likely around 40 shots taken at it before it decided to drop into the sunflower patch I was in one last time. I pulled up touched off the left barrel and it spun to a spiraling death. The was whoops and cheers all around. Heading back out when the wife gets home for a late hunt.

Sounds like an excellent day out with the gun. Every gun should have a proper name. :wink: I like "Rusty".

Nothing like dove hunting to learn a little "humility training"! I saw one literally do a barrel roll one year...left me standing there with my jaw on my chest!! One small hint, never keep shot count when dove hunting...you really don't want to know!!! :haha:

Trench said:
Sounds like an excellent day out with the gun. Every gun should have a proper name. :wink: I like "Rusty".
Yeah "Rusty" because its all browned steel
"RocksAnne' Pedersoli frontier Flintlock
"Ole Marge" TN MT Rifle"
"Elmer" 58 Kodiak
"Cherry" TC Hawkens (first deer)
The guns have to earn a name on their own

Back