• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drew a blank.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a full day of leave today, from dawn to dusk!
Well not quite, it was raining first thing so I got back in bed.
By 9am it had stopped and Jess and I went hunting.
We encountered squirrel, stalked pheasant.
I missed everything bar one squirrel. Numerous pheasants were missed and I was scratching my head with disbelief.

It was still a joy to be out and one of the best moments was Jess climbing an oak to try and reach a squirrel! So I filmed it.
https://youtu.be/VGXpkOKGSL4

We went home without a pheasant and on the way back in the dark I reflected on a grand days hunting all the same.

B.

Impressive climbing. I'm afraid all those squirrels you've been exposing her to have been a bad influence on Jess. :haha:

Spence

To quote a Scottish pal of mine, "That's bloody marvelous!" Jesse is certainly fearless. As she got higher and higher, I had mental visions of Benny Hill and the Ding-Dong Fire Brigade out doing a tree rescue! She made my entire day all the way over here in Texas! :hatsoff:

so, you must have Jess trained to take pictures as well?

Love you well worn oilskin jacket. What brand is it? Barbour?

fleener

Thanks gents.
Yes, Jess is getting better with the camera but her long nose makes it difficult for her to look through the view finder.

The coat is made by Toggi.

B :thumbsup:

Ole Jess sure got the "want to" dose she bark on the tree ? I had a Rat terrier with that drive but sometime would not bark at the tree so I had to keep her close. Killed a lot of squirrels off her.

Loyalist Dave said:
Lots of fast problem solving going on in her brain. Pretty cool.
LD
No kidding...that girl has 'problem solving 101' down to a science! :wink: :haha:

Back