• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

drop in barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Mountain was making some smoothie DI for the TC Hawken for a while. Guess they didn't pan out as to sales, for few years ago I got a .54 flinter smoothbore from them on sale for $100.00

Heavy, but shoots shot pretty good. Couldn't get used to the rifle sights, so removed and just went to front bead.

Savage Sam said:
Are there any barrel makers who are making custom drop in smooth bore barrels?
Not sure what you mean by "custom drop-ins"?
You can buy smoothbore barrels from places like Rice, GM, etc, and have a builder custom fit them to an existing custom gun-stock.
Or...in years past GM made mass production 15/16" x 32" .54cal/.28ga and 1" x 32" .62cal/.20ga drop-in smoothbore barrels for the T/C Hawken and Renegade...had a couple of each...excellent barrels.

Then a couple of dynamics changed GM's focus on the aftermarket barrel marketplace:
The modern ML craze really pushed T/C's Hawken & Renegade sales into the shadows and the end of that tiny market segment could be seen at the end of the tunnel;
GM landed a big military contract and diverted many resources to that contract;

That led to a big clearance sale on a lot of left over inventory a few years ago along with stopping new production on some drop-in barrels they used to make.
And I've sold all mine transitioning to full stock long guns but you might keep checking the classifieds on various ML forums, and gun auctions, as occasionally one turns up there.

But 'custom drop-in'...if those kind of GM drop-in barrels aren't what you're asking about, maybe give a few more details about what you're after...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back