• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dry Lube Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone else use a dry lube method for patches? Water soluble oil, Murphy's Oil Soap and distilled water. I forget my exact ratio of these ingredients as it was made a while back but I soaked my pillow ticking in it and let that dry and then resoaked it and let it dry a second time and then cut the material into square patches. Worked great in my .54 Pedersoli Jaeger! Busted charcoal bricketts and candy suckers at 15 yards or so at a shoot with them( Okay, one lump of coal and one sucker, missed a couple of easier targets). Using square patches didn't make my shooting any worse and they're easy to cut.

Back