• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

early bunnies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George

Cannon
Reaction score
Rabbit season is open before modern deer season in my area, usually the first week of November, but I don't usually hunt it. Don't know why, it just seems natural to wait until December or January. I got the urge, though, when the season opened November 1, and made it out today. It was a leisurely hunt on a cool, overcast day, good to be out. I carried my double flint 20 gauge loaded with 70 grains 2F Goex and equal volume #6 shot, tow for wadding. I saw a few bunnies, got a couple of shots, managed to collect one. Hunting early may catch on with me.

Spence

Fantastic Bob...congratulations !

:hatsoff:

(PS: I STILL think you should sell me that SxS Flint double !!)
:grin:

roundball said:
(PS: I STILL think you should sell me that SxS Flint double !!)
:grin:
But then what would I miss bunnies with? :haha:

Spence

Very nice! :hatsoff:

I like those stories of your "days out".

Silex

Good work. My bunny area out here was underwater for a while, so the little fellas have been scarce.

dixie cat said:
nice flint, what is it?
It's a 20 gauge made by J. T. Phillips in 1990. Cochran locks, tapered barrels 32" long, weight just over 7 pounds.

Spence

Very, Very nice, We don't see very many double barrel flint shotguns here :thumbsup: The only time I see bunnies down here is at night when I'm out looking for my cat when she don't want to come in for the night.

Spence,,Thanks for ALL your memoirs,I have really enjoyed Black Powder Notebook,,, :bow:

Mike

mtmike said:
Spence,,Thanks for ALL your memoirs,I have really enjoyed Black Powder Notebook,,, :bow:
Mike
I agree, although my wife could just shoot Spence because ever since seeing his site I have wanted a flint smoothie. Dang, that would be nice. :hatsoff:

George said:
But then what would I miss bunnies with? :haha:

Spence

I've been missing them with about everything I own this year :doh:

Just apply your self, you to can miss with a bow, a .32 (even when a jack rabbit just sits at 40 yards & lets you take the shot :redface: ) It's so bad the dogs are :redface:

Back