• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

early rustic arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triphammer

32 Cal.
Reaction score
hi im brand new here i was wondering if anybody has any experience with any of the guns offered by EARY RUSTIC ARMS THANKS, Trip

thank you MR. JOHNSON i did not see that post has anybody here bought one? i like the militia musket as i portray a poor ole boy anyway

I have not seen one but have heard comments from both extremes about these guns, one must consider what the expectations and depth of knowledege is when considering anyones judgement on any gun, there is fit and finish from a modern or period perspective, degree of historical authenticity, overall quality of workmanship and parts.. ones mans junk may be anothers treasure, I saw a "Tulle" with primo curly maple and a large siler lock a friend built for a customer...it was a beautifull, well made gun of top quality parts and workmanship but was not even close from a historical point of view, but it was what the fellow wanted and he was pleased with it... I would not have thought it worth the price of the parts as I look for something different in a gun than the buyer of this one. You must decide where you set the bar and go from there and having a particular gun in hand and doing the homework if history is an issue are the only way to achieve what you want.

ERA makes a very good gun in there price range. As stated buy one in the white and take your time and finish it to your taste or PAINT it a rusty red or black.

Ernie -Cadiz ,KY

I helped a fellow put one of the Early Rustic Arms together. L-R Gueen Anne lock 12 bore,Cumberland Fowler. It turned out real nice and made a good workingmans smoothie. Plain,but shot real good. The parts and wood were servicable. Like anything if you hold every tite on the inleting and finish it with a caring hand hand you will have a nice fowler. They have a nice website.

the only comment I have heard about ERA is the "rough" finish of the guns.

Origional guns were finished very rough by comparison with today's over finished goods. Plain guns had scraper marks evident and often dull or painted finishes, often milk paint.

Fine or fancy guns were smoother based on price and options.

I would buy in the white, if possible, and finish to my own taste. Tip Curtis offers the same "in the white" option.

Back