• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern Prim...Muddy Run PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickert54cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This will be held in Late September at Muddy Run Park, in Lancaster County. This is probably the largest rendezvous in the Country. 15 min drive for me . :)
See:
[url] www.EPR2007.net[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Half Moon just what kind a time machine :blah: :hmm: are ya useing ta get from Ohio to southeastern Pa in an hour n 15? I live about 30 mins from Muddy Run n hope to be there the first couple days , even if only for the day. Gonna head up Alaska :) way in Aug so that will burn most of my vacation time up. Muddy Run is an absolutely beautiful site with both wooded and open areas to camp. The Eastern has been held there several times and I have yet to hear anyone complain about the site. oh yea there is also the lake to enjoy, :winking: YMHS Birdman

Birdman said:
Muddy Run is an absolutely beautiful site with both wooded and open areas to camp. The Eastern has been held there several times and I have yet to hear anyone complain about the site.

Have you heard why this will be the last one there? At least that is what they are advertising.

Steve

I sure plan on making it. I went to the one in WVA a few years back and loved it. I am not set up well enough yet to camp in the primative area, so I guess it will be me and the old van in the modern section again, but if thats what I have to do, the so be it.....lol

Steve Pletcher said:
Birdman said:
Muddy RunI have yet to hear anyone complain about the site.

Have you heard why this will be the last one there?

Steve
birdman, only grumblings i've ever heard were about lack of area fer shootin,,BUT every year they do a lil fixin and fanaglin to improve it! :hatsoff: thats great! steve, heard that too,but then read it was NOT true..think it was in muzzleblasts[url] mag..talkin[/url] to my fellow vous'er yesterday,an he said we ought to go to muddy run,been there everytime so far,jes the 6-7 hr. drive..well the gas actually, but, the n'eastern is in n.y. this year an it's gonna take us 6 hrs. to get there..an we live in n.y.! that should be a great vous! :thumbsup: RC

Last edited by a moderator:
DOOOHHHH! Head in Butt syndrome! I was thinkin The Racoon Park on the west side of Pa! Duh! :surrender:

uhhhhhh, halfmoon, you can go to racoon park, save ya some time, but i'll bet the turnout ain't real good! :rotf:

Beautiful place. I live 5 minutes away and I hike there a lot as well as in the river hills. Muddy run is about a mile from the Susquehanna river. That part of the river is very scenic with several overlooks. Excellent country for the northeastern part of the USA.

:grin: That's about a 20 minute ride from where my children live in the Phoenixville area. That might be a "can do" in September for a non-participating visit. It is penciled in my calendar for September. nice time of the year and I can get a day on the Yellow Breeches for Trout. :hatsoff:

Muddy Run is a beautiful place for a rondy. Lancaster County Longrifles is having their Rondezvous there on May 2-6th. God willing, the Mrs and I will be there for both :)

For those of you coming from out of town areas---Its a beautiful park as described. Plenty of places to visit in the area as well...Amish Country, One of the best railroad museums at Strausburg (sp) , good fishing etc....On line you can pull up lots!!!

Well I know Toomuch and I will be there for the EPR. Sure would be nice for Toomuch to meet up with some of ya guys out there. We already told our bosses we are goin and they have no choice but to let us go. Either that or we call in sick for a week.
For Rendezvous are a powerful sick next ya know.

Hope to meet some of you all there..I will most likely be bugging Don Yerks at his camp if Im not shopping----Or you might find me asleep under some tree dressed in 1770s attire weather permitting---Ill camp without a tent. :v

I will be there, down with the canoes. Hootie Owl and I will be conducting the water activities. Hope you bring your boats and come have some fun. We did them in 2002 and had a blast.

Miki

If you are going to be here several days there are many great museums here, Rough and Tumble Engineers Historical Association has steam engines, a hugh collections of hit and miss gas engines, antique autos, old construction equipment etc. Landis Valley Museum is set up like a rural community with many buildings including an early Lancaster county gun shop. The Heritage Mueseum in downtown Lancaster has a display of 18th and 19th century Lancaster county long rifles, and a boat load of other artifacts from Lancaster county. Ther are many others two like the National Watch and Clock Collectors museum in Columbia, just up the river from Muddy Run. Any way there are a lot of things to do in this part of Pennsylvania. Enjoy yourself while you are here. :hatsoff:

Wolf I will be wanting to look you up,you sound like the tour guide I'll need! I ain't jokin' now, I'm serious!!

We'll be there looking for ya as always, as well as at the Lancaster County LR camp this spring. The Run is about my favorite spot for a big event, lots of room to use, and well run. LCLR's event is one of the better ones in the spring and draws a good crowd with good traders.

The NEPR is going to be at the same site as the '91 Eastern near Naples NY, our gang is right in the middle of that one, a good many staff folks are LBC members.

Latest posts

Back