• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eastern washington hunters?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tannerbollum

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm about to embark on my scouting season for my first muzzleloader deer season. I think I have it narrowed down to GMU 113 as its the only area with public land that's open to late season which is the time I'd be able to hunt. Anybody hunt out that way?

I hunt in Huckleberry GMU (121). It is my backyard and the families property. I have not taken a deer here, but my hunting partner has punched his tags here the past two years. Even though the rules say 4 point or better, this is not hard to do actually. This GMU is crawling with deer. I just saw a 6 pointer and a 4 pointer in my back yard the other day.
113 is pretty primitive compared to most the rest of the state, but a really good place to hunt I hear.
I'd suggest trying to find a friend in GMU 108 if you can. The rules are any buck up there and they are every where around them parts. I have been trying to talk Grandma into letting me hunt her back yard as it is in 108, just outside of town, but she won't hear it.

I've hunted in 105 for late buck(which is west of gmu113) with a different weapon and have done ok. The terrain is thick and there is a good chance for snow. During the late BP season you still may be getting some rut activity. Never hunted in 113 but I did a little research on a different Wa hunting forum and found some info on the late BP season for 113. Reports all are all over the place. Some report lots of deer and others say they saw very few.But all had similar reports of thick brush and hard to move around if its very snowy. Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your hunt. FYI I'm on the wet side of Wa state near Tacoma.

I hunted that alot in the late 80s - good bucks in there - hard hunting - we did it from primitive camp and more often than not we was hunting in the snow. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back